Spring 2023 Policy & Procedure Service Workshop
All leaders, especially executive assistants, from the League's member districts are invited to attend the Spring 2023 Policy & Procedure Service Workshop. Your district's membership in the Policy & Procedure Subscription Service funds the cost of your attendance at the Spring Policy & Procedure Workshop, but advance registration is required as space is limited!
Wednesday, May 3, 2023, (*12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.) * Beginning with a light lunch at Noon
The Spring 2023 Policy & Procedure Service Workshop will focus on:
- key elements of the Service,
- highlights from the Spring 2023 biannual legal Update #42 (due to be disseminated in late April 2023 just prior to the Workshop),
- summary of recent court cases/legislation impacting policies/procedures, and
- best practices and solution-generating opportunities with other colleges/districts.
For questions about the program contact Dr. Jane B. Wright, Director of Policy and Procedure Services, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Registration is now open.
There is no registration fee to attend the Spring 2023 Policy & Procedure Service Workshop, but advance registration is required.
Registration for the Policy & Procedure Service Workshop is separate from the Trustees Conference. Please visit this page for more details coming soon.
Hotel & Travel
The contracted guest room block at the Monterey Plaza Hotel is currently sold out. Click here for other hotel properties within close proximity to the conference hotel.
Click the following links for driving directions, maps, transportation, and other hotel area information:
The schedule is subject to change.
Wednesday, May 3, 2023
12:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Welcome and Introductions – Jane Wright and Eileen O’Hare-Anderson
Benefitting from Updated Policies/Procedures – Jane Wright, CC League
- Understanding the League’s Policy & Procedure Service and How it Works
- Succeeding with Updated Policies & Procedures
- Distinguishing Between Board Policy and Administrative Procedure
Reviewing BPs/APs by the Numbers
- Developing an Ongoing Review Process
- Including key stakeholders
10 Minute Break
Reviewing Spring 2023 Update #42 – Eileen O’Hare-Anderson, LCW
10 Minute Break
Learning from Others – Cabrillo College Team
Avoiding Potential Challenges
- Creating Success
- Utilizing Resources and Website
- Gathering Ideas from Others
Challenges, Successes, Additional Questions